Hospital Visitation Program - Volunteer at Northwestern Memorial Hospital (Chicago only):
Join our Phil's Friends volunteer team as we bring Care Packages to patients at Northwestern Memorial in the heart of Chicago.
We visit NMH every second and fourth Tuesday of the month - plan to leave at 10am and return at 4pm
Become a Patient Advocate
· Requesting Care package for Cancer Patients
· Be your church’s, school’s or organization’s "go to" person for care package requests.
· Find out the names and addresses of cancer patients and request packages for each one of them.
Organize a Care package item drive:
· Gather and donate items to be used in our care packages. If you have the ability knit or crochet blankets and hats for care packages
· We will provide a list of items that are needed.
· This can be done with schools, church, or organization.
Be a Hope Center Volunteers (Chicago only)
· Come in and assist us in packing care packages, writing weekly cards, etc. Bring a group with you!
· Sign up to bring a group to volunteer once a month.
· Groups can be up to 50 people and volunteer for 2 hours.
Become a Group Leader (Chicago Only)
· Help us lead a group once or twice a month at our Hope Center in Roselle, located in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago
Join the Card Writing team:
· Write and mail out the weekly cards to 1-5 patients
· A small group, or a group of friends can form their own “Card team” and use the time they already meet to write cards to patients together.
Help us recruit Groups for the Hope Center
· Help us recruit more groups to come to the Center.
· Groups can be up to 50 people and volunteer for 2 hours
Be an Events Volunteer:
· Assist us with planning, organizing or volunteer to help at events such as our Celebration of Hope Dinner and our Golf outing.
Join Our Prayer team:
· Commit to pray for everyone on our prayer list.
· You will receive an updated list periodically and then pray for these patients regularly
If you are interested in one of more of these opportunities please email Lauren Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org